2017년 1월 18일 수요일

[Lean] The impressive oriental medical center in my hometown

I would like to introduce what the doctor does in one of oriental medical centers in my hometown.
I said about his solution to relieve my backache before.
(http://fransisnanthony.blogspot.jp/2017/01/health-quick-way-to-relieve-your.html)
 
As a lean six sigma expert, I coach projects and facilitate "Lean classes" of my company.
To help my colleagues really understand and use Lean not only in their work but also in their whole life, I try to give easy-to-understand examples from everywhere.
This oriental medical center example is the one of my favorite which apply lean practically.

Look at the table below which compares practice between the doctor in my town and others.



Patients` experience with…

Others` practice

His practice

Action

NVA

VA

Action

NVA

VA

Wait for his/her turn to see a doctor.

20mins

 

Wait for his/her turn to see a doctor.

15mins

 

Move to doctor`s room

1min

 

Move to the treatment room

1min

 

See a doctor to diagnosis his/her symptom.

 

5mins

Diagnosis his/her symptom and get a massage.

 

20mins

Move to waiting room.

 

 

Get acupuncture.

 

2mins

Wait for his/her turn to get acupuncture.

20mins

 

Get Infrared lamp therapy.

 

20mins

Move to the treatment room.

1min

 

Get acupuncture.

 

2mins

Get Infrared lamp therapy.

 

20mins

Time consumed

42mins

27mins

 

16mins

42mins

69mins

58mins
 

 "Diagnosis-Treatment(Acupuncture-Infrared Lamp Care)" is the normal process in a oriental medical clinic.
Patients experience Non-Value-Added time less and Value-Added time more in his clinic.
Even they get a massage which they never get any other clinics.
Total time they spend in the clinic is less than the time in others.

The basic principle of Lean is to meet customers` needs with tranferring time from Non-Value-Added to Value-Added.

He is one of the best Lean doer.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기